It has always been difficult for me to maintain consistency with most things in life. Blogs, good intentions, goals all fall under that column. I drafted a “manifesto” and posted this on my door and now I’m posting it here as my “first blog” (for the 20th time). After sustained hiatuses I usually start blogs over, from scratch, adopting new identities without a new voice. I didn’t have an urge to do so for this, so I figure this is as good as any other thought vomit I’d normally have.
- Days are long but the years are short.
- In yourself, have the capacity for faith, rebellion and humor.
- An eye to see, heart to feel and courage to follow. Choose from your heart and your life will fill with things you love. Only love is free.
- Fertility of imagination. Creativity and restraint = beauty.
- Sweat once a day. The potential of the human body is limitless. Nourish yourself.
- Err on the side of positivity and positive energy in all things.
- Curate a healthy disregard for commonplace elegance. Make more choices. Do not accept complacency.
- Style is multidimensional. Feel free to change.
- Work is an overrated activity.
- Be fearless.
I’ve never written a manifesto for myself. No guidelines when I get foggy. I read it almost everyday incidentally, while rushing out the door or before I go to bed. It helps.